Need Analysis & Course Design
Module 2 of the BAMIK Trainer Academy (online)
The central task of every trainer is to identify the training need and transform this into a sustainable course concept. In this online module, you will learn how to conduct a need analysis and the principles of curriculum development based on accredited DVWO quality standards.
© Robert Kneschke (Fotolia #169701748)
This theoretical module comprises twelve online sessions of 90 minutes. In each session, we will introduce you to one aspect of course design. This all begins with a proper understanding of the client’s needs. The sustainability of every training program depends on how well it meets the areas of development for participants and their organizations. Existing competencies must be assessed and development goals should be set within a transparent taxonomy.
In creating an activating training dramaturgy, trainers will depend on several structural elements such as time constraints, logistical challenges or various group sizes. We address each of these factors to minimize surprises and ensure you are prepared for all the standard (and not so standard) situations in which your future training may take place.
On the practical questions of curriculum development, you will learn how to define training goals and put them in a comprehensible matrix. Through all this, we enable you to implement the demanding quality standards approved by the DVWO. Please note that this does not include transfer and evaluation as these are subject of module 5.
- Organizational goals and training goals
- Formulating training goals
- The content objective matrix
- Documenting the training
- Structure of the need analysis
- Identifying competencies
- Taxonomies in the DVWO model
- Training dramaturgy and logistics
- Time management
- Social forms
- Open vs. closed curricula
- Information processing phases
Requirements for participation:
- To pass this module, you must complete all twelve online sessions. This is equivalent to 3 days (24 units) of instruction.
- There may be a moderate additional workload for you to prepare or to perform follow-up course work. This includes the development of a 1-day training agenda based on the standards you will learn in this module.
- You can start working on the online sessions even before attending module 1.
Bleiben Sie auf dem Laufenden!
Mit unserem Newsletter informieren wir Sie gerne über unser aktuelles Kursangebot und neue Veröffentlichungen. Sie können sich hier anmelden