Principles of Leadership
Module 1.1 of the International Leadership Development Program
The best-performing teams all share one commonality: effective leaders. This course enables leaders to enhance their effectiveness by reflecting on their own and others’ leadership styles and developing appropriate strategies for sustainable and continued success.
Coloures-Pic (Fotolia #48529078)
Leading a team can initially seem a daunting prospect with multiple decisions to be made that can all affect team performance, morale, and effectiveness. It requires a specific skillset comprising communication, organizational, and motivational abilities that are tailored to the specific situation to extract the maximum from all team members. Creating a positive work environment through an appropriate leadership style is the most sustainable way to achieve this.
Adopting such an appropriate leadership style and maintaining this consistently is challenging. To do so successfully requires self-reflection and an understanding of the principles of effective leadership. Conceptions of effective leadership differ according to company, industry, and regional or national cultural norms; understanding and adapting one’s leadership style accordingly is a vital skill that enables success in a variety of contexts.
Through this course, leaders will develop the understanding necessary to develop the skills exemplified by successful leaders. With these skills, leaders will improve both their teams’ and their own performance, regardless of the situation. This will highlight their capability to lead at higher levels within the organization.
- What is leadership?
- The difference between leadership and management
- The leader's skillset
- Emotional intelligence
- Influence or authority?
- Characteristics of great leaders
- Finding your leadership style
- Assessing team effectiveness
- Applying leadership concepts in the workplace
This course is ideal for:
- New leaders at the supervisory level and above
- Established leaders who have not received formal leadership training
- Established leaders who want to review their knowledge
- Lead your team to continued success
- Increase team members’ effectiveness, engagement, and satisfaction in the workplace
- Develop the skills that will highlight your leadership abilities
With our newsletter, we would like to keep you up to date about our current course program as well as new publications. You can subscribe here