Working in Intergenerational Teams
Understand your colleagues’ work and communication styles, even when they come from different generations!
As we increasingly work later in life, workplaces are becoming more intergenerational than ever before. In many firms, four generations can be represented. Each brings different experiences, skills and perspectives. This intensive course enables you to better work within such diverse groups and understand differences in communication styles.
Fizkes (Adobe Stock 277361630)
Boomers, generations X, Y, Z, digital natives… Various terms are used to address the different generations that comprise the modern workforce, but what do we actually mean when we use these terms, and what perceptions do we have of the people we use these terms to describe?
Each of these groups brings different characteristics and values. These can include attitudes towards their relationship with the team, attitudes toward hierarchy and giving opinions, analogue vs. digital communication, and other factors.
Working in such teams is rewarding but understanding the perspectives of colleagues from different generations can be challenging. Employees must avoid misunderstandings caused by these different perspectives and appreciate the differing needs that their colleagues may have. Reconciling these differences is therefore vital for the success of any team with intergenerational members.
This course enables all those who work within or manage intergenerational teams to understand the challenges posed by such diversity. Participants will improve their knowledge of the values, work styles and forms of communication used by different generations. With this knowledge, they will develop strategies to enable successful cooperation between the generations that will ensure continued, sustainable success within the team.
- Demographic change and its impact on the workplace
- Characteristics, values and working styles of different generations
- Using different generations’ experience to ensure success
- Intergenerational cooperation and communication
This course is ideal for:
- All professionals who work in intergenerational teams
- Older employees who have seen large demographic changes in their teams
- Younger employees who work with colleagues from older generations
- Develop comprehensive and sustainable communication strategies to ensure mutual understanding
- Avoid misunderstandings caused by differing needs, values, and working style
- Overcome potentially negative stereotypes of different generations
Available options for this course
Zoom Meeting (3 hrs)
Live online training with a trainer from our team. Date and time will be coordinated individually. Price per group of up to 10 people.
990.00 US$ *No VAT due to client in third country. The reverse charge system applies.
Training program tailored to your needs with a trainer from our team. The content, duration and number of participants can be flexibly adjusted.
Price on request