Intercultural Project Management
Reduce the cross-cultural conflicts in your international project team!
No project exists without cultural difference. In this course, you will learn how culture influences the progress of a project and how a culture-sensitive approach benefits the overall success.
© NicoElNino (AdobeStock #171568550)
When the members of a project team come from different cultures, the clash of expectations and attitudes is inevitable. The intercultural project leader has to reconcile different approaches to teamwork, organization, communication, time management, quality, risk, documentation style, and many other things. These differences may be immediately obvious and easy to address, but others may be hidden and can lead to misunderstandings that arise at vital moments.
Another critical factor is the geographical distance that may exist between the team members and the lack of personal interaction. All this leads to misunderstandings, irritations and a loss of efficiency. The project's success is at risk, which usually comes along with large additional costs.
BAMIK’s course Intercultural Project Management
enables both project managers and members of international project teams to develop their awareness of the influence of cultural differences on attitudes toward communication and work styles. From this awareness, you can build strategies to overcome misunderstandings and minimize the risks associated with international project teams. This will enable you to create project teams that operate efficiently, on time and on budget.
- Culture and its Influence on the Success of Projects
- Challenges to international projects
- Stakeholder analysis
- Relationship cultures vs. task oriented cultures
- Risk, time and quality
- Tools for intercultural project management
- Comparison of international project management standards
- Recognizing and integrating different expectations
- Methods for feedback and controling
- Forming a project culture
This course is ideal for:
- members of international project teams
- project managers
- Discover the influence of culture on the work in international projects
- Learn to reduce the loss of efficiency
- Minimize the risks of your international projects by considering cultural challenges
Available options for this course
Zoom Meeting (3 hrs)
Live online training with a trainer from our team. Date and time will be coordinated individually. Price per group of up to 10 people.
USD 990,00*No VAT due to client in third country. The reverse charge system applies.
Training program tailored to your needs with a trainer from our team. The content, duration and number of participants can be flexibly adjusted.
Price on request